friday night is pizza night in our cottagy house, either we buy it or britboy makes it; then we end up eating it in front of the tv if we feel super lazy or at the table if we feel like having some manners. my britboy said today that there should be a word for the feeling of expectation you have before eating pizza, and he found one, apparently it should be "anticipizzation".
when i was a weeny one in italy, the pizza dinners we were invited to were always a great feast, the kiddos would toss toppings everywhere and the mamme (mums) would take out of the oven dozens of pizze with the most wonderful flavours. don't you think the smell of pizza is the most attractive smell ever? i mean if johnny deep would smell of pizza i would definitely fall for him, and probably britboy too! (he said definitely).
230g 00 white flour
70g semolina flour
1 1/2 tsp dried active yeast
150ml lukewarm water
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 courgette grated
3/4 small mozzarella
4 slices of chorizo
2 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
pinch of salt
drizzle of olive oil
1.in a small bowl dissolve the sugar in the water, sprinkle in the yeast, whisk until dissolved. let it sit until it has formed a head of froth, about 5-10 minutes. then whisk thoroughly
2. in a separate bowl mix the flours and salt together, make a well in the middle and pour in the yeast mixture. add 2 tbsp olive oil. with a fork swirl the liquid ingredients to gradually incorporate the flour. the dough should start to come together. add lukewarm water until the dough held together but not too sticky
3. work into a ball and tip out onto a lightly floured work surface, kneed for about 8 minutes until smooth
4. let it rise for at least 2 hours or until doubled in size. alternatively leave for longer in the fridge.
5. when it has risen knock it back by pushing all the air out with floured hands, then kneed again for few minutes (or back to room temperature if left in the fridge).
let it rest for 20 minutes and divide it into two balls
6. gradually flatten the ball into a base by stretching it with your fingers, dust with semolina flour.
7. preheat a pizza stone or oven dish in the oven at 210°
8. slide the base onto the baking stone and top with the courgette, mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, chorizo, and olive oil.
9. begin checking at 6-7 minutes, and take the pizza out when the cheese is melted and the crust has reached the desired browning.
Friends of the forest orange biscuits dipped in chocolate
19 Apr 2015
Pistachios and rose cake
15 Feb 2015
His & Hers | Rustic vintage his and hers wedding shoes